Did you know! Chettinad is a cluster of 72 villages. A once thriving community of Nattukottai Chettiar whose lifestyle was influenced by their travels, Unwrap the age-old practices, lifestyle, traditional cuisine, and the colorful landscape of this thriving community. Learn about handmade crafts, intricate architecture and discover the rich history of Chettinad. Take home enduring experiences. Welcome to Chettinad!
A must do getaway for folks with interest's in culture, traditional practices, local trade craft. Lets go Thalaivar !
- All staff and residents wear masks at the property
- Usage of Sanitisers
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitised before check in
- Regular temperature checks
- Alfresco Dining
- Outdoor Games
- Swimming pool
- Spa & Wellness
- All Day Restaurant
- Terrace Sitout
- Fine Dining
- Live King size in this 70 year old palatial home
- Experience the Chettiar Lifestyle
- Explore the Architecture of Chettinad
- Learn Kolam-making ( Kolam is a traditional art form of making drawings by chalk or rice flour)
- Participate in Interactive Cooking Sessions
- Get Spiritual - Explore traditional Chola Style designed temples
- Visit local artisans and learn the rare art of making hand made tiles and hand woven sarees
- Travel Chettiar style! Take a bullock cart ride across the village
- They say the best way to explore a place is on foot - Cycle your way around the village or simply walk
- Indulge in the in-house SPA , check out various herbal therapies on offer
- Dive into 4 in-house restaurants serving traditional Chettiar cuisine
- Explore the process of making hand made tiles from concept to the finished product - All hand made !
- The art of making cotton handloom sarees is unique ! Explore how local artists breathe life in to these world famous sarees.
- Love yourself ! Indulge in Herbal therapeutic massages with our trained masseurs
- Indulge in chefs recommended culinary experiences
- Ride a bullock cart or a bicycle , whatever suits your fancy
- Visit the weekly travelling markets ( Sandhai) in local lingo
- Did you know - Chettiar is a cluster of 72 villages !
90km from Madurai Airport
80km from Trichy Railway Station
Airport pick-up and drop-off at additional costs.
- Lunch and dinner (can be added as a part of the package)
- Check-in starts at 1400 hours
- Check-out ends at 1100 hours