Ecohunters Custom Itinerary 2019
What people say?
I came across Ecohunters though word of mouth suggestion. This suggestion came across a time when I was a week away from my proposed trip along with my family members. I am very much thankful to Ecohunters for providing an immediate support on trip planning along with getting me and my family a wonderful vacation
I would like to thank you for presenting this property to me and fellow motorcyclists, it was a delight to have stayed amidst an apple orchard wherein one could just flick an arm and grab a fresh apple from the branch. Rooms, Food, Facilities and the view from there was just awesome. I would definitely recommend EcoHunters’ name in my circle.
CUSTOM ADVENTURE ITINERARY - LIMITED INTAKE ONLY
With abundant activities like river canyoning, kayaking, zip lining and lots of swimming
this trip is for those with an adventurous spirit
- Basic, Raw, Authentic Culture Adventure
- Stay in the village where the living root bridges thrive
- Explore Asia’s second largest river island
- River Canyoning
- A night of jamming in Cherrapunjee- Interact with a local band
- Taste Authentic Khasi Cuisine
- Stay in boutique cottages in Cherrapunjee
- Jungle Trekking
- Trek to living root bridges
- Jamming at Cherapunjee with a band from Ziro Festival
- Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic accommodation(twin/triple sharing)
- River canyoning, zip lining, kayaking in Mawlyngbn
- Transport to and from Guwahati airport in Swift Dzire/Innova/ Force Traveller
- Breakfast & Dinner on all days
- Lunch on day 4 and 5 in Nongriat
- Tour Leader
- Parking and toll charges
- Driver allowance, food and accommodation
- All taxes
- Airfare charges
- All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above
- Any camera fees
- Hotel & driver tips (since the locals earn low wages, your tips will show your appreciation)
- Entry ticket fees to Museums, Parks, etc
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Inclusions”
- This is a basic, raw trip for culture vultures and adventure enthusiast
- This trip contains short, steep jungle treks
- This is a guided tour with a guide from accompanying you till the completion of the trip
- Please carry Govt. ID’s
- 0-15 Days before the commencement of the trip : 0% Refund
- 16-30 Days before the commencement of the trip : 20% Refund
- 30-45 Days before the commencement of the trip : 50% Refund
- 45 Days and above before the commencement of the trip : 75% Refund
Day to Day Itinerary
Mawphanlur can be described as the most multi-dimensional place for leisure seekers. It just engulfs you in all its simplicity. The minimalism of the place with three simple cottages, one kitchen area and dining set up is a perfect example of letting nature do what it does best, mesmerise people. They have also thrown in a few kayaks and pedal boats in one of the many ponds where family, friends and even enemies can relax and chill over still waters. If you aren’t someone who enjoys water then just take a walk around the village guided by the faint sound of cattle bells. If you are into photography or have been waiting to try your hand at poetry and enjoy diving into nostalgia, you might want to stay back forever. Mawphanlur is one of those frames that you see hanging by people’s walls and you get to enter that frame. Overnight at a cottage in Mawphanlur. Total drive time from Guwahati to Mawphanlur will be 5 hours.
If visiting a river beach only discovered as late as 1996 by a bunch of meandering school boys, sounds fun to you, then you are in for a real treat. This river island, ostensibly the second largest in Asia has much more to offer besides the aura of it being an island with barely 11 huts. It has three amazing waterfalls! We will be hiking to one of them. We drive to this island after breakfast and head for a hike to Kshaid Weinia (waterfall). After lunch, we drive to a village(Mawlyngbna) where once dinosaurs walked. For today, you only need to know this much. Hike duration: 45 minutes one way for slow walkers Hike difficulty: Easy (it’s a walk across meadows) Total drive time from Mawphanlur to Nongkhnum island will be 1 hour Total drive time from Nongkhnum to Mawlyngbna will be 4 hours. Overnight stay at Mawlyngbna Camp / Cottage.
If you grew up in Mawlyngbna, you would never need an adventure park in your life and we say this because of the river canyoning activity that the river in Mawlyngbna offers! Beyond canyoning, the village is filled with serene spots in the jungle and some interesting fossils. Mawlyngbna is our favourite summer/ monsoon retreat. River canyoning your way to the ‘Um khakoi reservoir will be the highlight of the day. Jumping off rocks, crawling, scrambling, sliding over others, basically trekking over the river’s route is what river is canyoning is all about. Once the canyoning is over, get your kayak and relax over the still waters, then go ziplining, and if you have energy left then dive into the waters of the Um kha koi. A small trek to Lew Luri Lura will start the day. According to local folklore, Lew Luri Lura was a marketplace for animals thousands of years back, during a time when animals could speak. The depressions are believed to be footprints of the large animals. P.S. One doesn’t have to be a swimmer to participate in this activity. Unless someone has a phobia of water the activity can be enjoyed by everyone. Overnight stay at Mawlyngbna Camp/ Cottage
Waking up early (6 am) will ensure that you get to spend quality time near the Double Decker living root bridges before day trekkers start pouring in while getting a natural fish pedicure at the pool in front of the bridges. Ideally by 8 am, you should start the trek back to Rainbow Falls. This trek is more akin to a trek on a rugged stony trail. This takes an hour from the homestay(which is near the Double Decker living root bridges). Come back in time for a swim in the pool in front of the Double Decker bridge before heading back to the homestay. A packed lunch will be had near Rainbow Falls. Overnight at Nongriat Guest house.
Drive to Guwahati post an early lunch and bid goodbye to the Northeast, but only until your next visit. For those who wish to visit Shillong and other places around can extend their stay by a day and we will assist them in arranging for the same. Leaving you with some image memories 🙂