Ecohunters Custom Itinerary FEB 2020
What people say?
I came across Ecohunters though word of mouth suggestion. This suggestion came across a time when I was a week away from my proposed trip along with my family members. I am very much thankful to Ecohunters for providing an immediate support on trip planning along with getting me and my family a wonderful vacation
I would like to thank you for presenting this property to me and fellow motorcyclists, it was a delight to have stayed amidst an apple orchard wherein one could just flick an arm and grab a fresh apple from the branch. Rooms, Food, Facilities and the view from there was just awesome. I would definitely recommend EcoHunters’ name in my circle.
CUSTOM WILDLIFE ITINERARY - LIMITED INTAKE ONLY
Snow Leopards are one of the rarest species that exist on our planet. They inhabit the trans-himalayan landscape and are referred to as “The Grey Ghost” by the local community. The Snow leopard descends from 5000 mts to 4000 mts during winters in search of food making this the best time to spot them.
- Track the rarest animal in the world-The Snow Leopard at 13,000 feet
- Spot Siberian Ibex, Blue Sheep, Tibetan Wolf, Red fox, Lammergeyer, Golden Eagle, Tibetan Snowcock, etc
- Explore the life of wildlife spotters and guides
- Experience the trans-himalayan landscape on the Indo-Tibet border
- Snow Leopard tracking
- Trans-Himalayan Wildlife spotting
- Cultural exchange with the local community
- Learn basics of wild life tracking
- Glimpse Kinner Kailash- The winter abode of Lord Shiva
- A photo Journalists delight
- ALL TRANSFERS AS PER THE ITINERARY (SHIMLA AIRPORT – SHIMLA AIRPORT)
- ACCOMMODATION ON TWIN SHARING BASIS IN HOTEL/HOMESTAY
- ALL MEALS AS DETAILED IN ITINERARY
- ALL ARRANGEMENTS WITH INDIA’S MOST EXPERIENCED ADVENTURE TRIP OPERATOR
- PEAK FEE/SANCTUARY FEE/ROYALTY/PERMITS WHERE APPLICABLE
- SAFE DRINKING WATER
- WILDLIFETEAM–GUIDE/SPOTTERS AND PORTERS (TOCARRYCAMERAEQUIPMENT)
- All taxes
- ALL AIRFARE
- ANY TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF ITINERARY
- ITEMS OF PERSONAL CLOTHING
- EXPENSES OF PERSONAL NATURE (LAUNDRY/PHONE
- COST INCURRED DUE TO CHANGE IN ITINERARY DUE TO BAD WEATHER,ROADBLOCKS,
HEAVY SNOWFALL OR FACTORS BEYOND CONTROL
- TRAVEL AND CANCELLATION INSURANCE
- TIPS AND GRATUITIES (WE RECOMMEND 5-10% OF YOUR TRIP COST – TO BE DISTRIBUTED
AMONG THE TEAM) – PERSONAL CHOICE
- This is a all inclusive trip for adventure and wildlife enthusiast
- This trip contains short, steep jungle treks
- This is a guided tour with a wildlife teams , spotters , accompanying you till the completion of the trip
- Please carry Govt. ID’s
- 0-15 Days before the commencement of the trip : 0% Refund
- 16-30 Days before the commencement of the trip : 20% Refund
- 30-45 Days before the commencement of the trip : 50% Refund
- 45 Days and above before the commencement of the trip : 75% Refund
Day to Day Itinerary
Our team meets you at the Shimla airport on arrival. We transfer to the boarding vehicles and drive to Indo-Tibet highway to Reckongpeo and Kalpa. Kalpa offers amazing views of the Kinner Kailash range. We rest for the night in Kalpa.
We leave from Kalpa in morning and continue upstream of Sutlej river alternating between its left and right bank till Khab where Sutlej enters from Tibet and meets Spiti River. The road climbs up from the river bank to Nako and Mulling Nala. The road descends down to the banks of Spiti river and continues to meander till we reach the village of Maney. It is a great stopover for acclimatization. We rest for the night at a homestay in Maney.
This is also a great place for spotting Tibetan Wolves. After breakfast we head out of our Homestay in search of Tibetan wolves. We return back before dusk and rest for the night.
We drive to the hotspot of wildlife in Spiti – Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary. Our home for the next one week is Kibber. It was once the highest village with a motorable road. For several years people have spotted Snow Leopards up close near the village of Kibber. It is also a hotspot for seeing Blue Sheep and Siberian Ibex. We rest at our himestay for the night in kibber.
Our Home for the next week is Kibber.
We head out for our mission for spotting Snow Leopards. After breakfast we carry our packed lunches and head out in search of wildlife. Our routine for the next one week is to spend our days in search of wildlife with our excellent team of spotters and evenings engaging in cultural exchange with the families of Spiti.
After experiencing the life in Spiti in winters for more than a week. We start our journey back towards our cities and towns with great memories and fantastic photographs of rare Himalayan wildlife. Overnight stay at Kalpa. Another opportunity to enjoy the views of the great Kinner Kailash – The winter abode of Lord Shiva.
After experiencing the life in Spiti in winters for more than a week. We start our journey back towards our cities and towns with great memories and fantastic photographs of rare Himalayan wildlife. Overnight stay at Kalpa. Another opportunity to enjoy the views of the great Kinner Kailash – The winter abode of Lord Shiva. We rest for the at our Hiomestay in Kalpa
This is the end of our trip ! Early morning transfer to Airport for Shimla – Delhi flight. Look forward to host you on your next adventure!