Deo Tibba is a part of the greater Himalayas situated in the Pir Panjal Range.
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
Age18 to 55 years
Jog/Run for 3 Kms in 30 mins
Hold your breath for 20 seconds
Who is this tour for?
Expansive views, lofty mountains, hanging glaciers, lush meadows, exposed rock faces, giant cliffs extensive geography, these are some of the features of the Deo Tibba .Explore remote villages and valleys like Panduropa, Setan, Hampta Pass, Chhika, Piyangniru, Raurikhaudi, to name a few. The trekking trail will take you further to an ancient village called Jogidugh, which is claimed to be the abode of 'Thakshag Nag' (serpent god) and all eighteen 'Nag' Gods. The trek also brings the expeditors to the grazing pastures of the Gaddi shepherds with magnificent views of Deo Tibba peak (6,001 m) and its enormous hanging glaciers
- Total trek distance - 75 KM
- Max Altitude -14,000 ft
- Trek through hi altitude valleys and remote himalayan villages, explore Jogidugh - legend and local folklore clai, this to be the abode of Thakshag Nag' (serpent god)
- Interact with Gaddi Shepherds who live at these heights
- Experience hi-altitude or summit camping under a star infested night sky never seen before
- Up close and personal views of Deo Tibba (6001m) and Indrasan (6220m) along with the glaciers of Jagatsukh and Deo Tibba
- Get a birds eye view of the Pir Panjal Range
- Visit caves in Bhanara, once the abode of Pandavas
- See alpine and forests of fir, Rhododendron, and Oak.
At Ecohunters especially on treks we work with local teams , practice and encourage small group Of participants or private groups. How this translates to you despite marginal increase in cost is- Better infrastructure , Likeminded crowd , Quality ingredients in food, patient trek leaders
7N/ 8DDeparture: Fixed
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
This day is about leisure , meet & greet and acclimatisation. We begin our adventure early next morning.
Do checkout cafes at old Manali, if you don't get time for this, you can always do cafe hopping when you are back from the trek .
Welcome to Manali
On arrival at Manali, you will be received at the city bus stand and transferred to accommodation in the awaiting vehicle .
Once we finish breakfast, we leave for Manali town to check out the atmosphere , may be a bit of sightseeing or some last minute shopping . This is also essentially a process of acclimatisation.
We will end the day with orientation for the trek.
Travel notes of the day
Make sure you have a big plate for breakfast.
Our hike time today is approximately 5-6 hours
We are driving to Kahnol village via to Jagatsukh dam. Our trek will start from Khanol , our aim is to reach our campsite at Chikka. Once you near Chikka the views open up and you will be greeted by expansive views of the Spiti valley and Indrasen peaks.
- Kahnol - 5183 ft
- Chikka- 10,334 ft
- Hotel Accommodation in Manali (2 days) on twin sharing (M.A.P )basis
- Twin sharing 2 men tent on treks
- Sleeping bag
- Walking Sticks
- Qualified guide
- Ponies or porters to carry the rucksacks.
- Full board camping (three vegetarian meals and coffee, tea, snacks)
- Personal Insurance
- Personnel Toiletries
- Entrance fee at any temple
- Personnel Tipping to the staff
- Travel to and from manali on arrival and departure days
Here's how your packing should look like
- 3 synthetic undershirts
- 3 long-sleeve shirts
- 3 t-shirts
- 2 pair of pants (suitable weight for current weather)
- 3 pair of underwear (long underwear if needed)
- 4 pair of socks
- 1 hiking boots
- 1 sandal (for wearing when not hiking)
- 1 waterproof windbreaker
- 1 heavy jacket.
- 1 raingear - ponchos can drape over your pack and save you the expense of a waterproof pack cover.
You may also like
Located in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary at an elevation of 12,500 ft , the Kedarkantha is a moderate winter trek which takes you through the snow clad routes among the oak, pine forests.
A Himalayan trek with stunning views for the books! Make your way through conifers and flowers, villages and rivers on this epic trek through the snowy mountains and meadows of Uttarakhand.