Essentially half the Open Water Scuba Diving Certificate Course, for those who are short on time or budget. By the end of this course, you will be certified to dive upto a depth of 12 m without professional supervision.
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
Age10 to 65 years
- Good physical health
- Moderate fitness; the ability to walk 20-30 minutes without fatigue
- No pre-existing medical conditions
- The ability to swim 200 metres (any style, no fixed time limit)
- The ability to float/tread water for 10 minutes
Who is this tour for?
Essentially half the Open Water Scuba Diving Certificate Course, for those who are short on time or budget. By the end of this course, you will be certified to dive upto a depth of 12 m without supervision.
A whole new world is out there, waiting to be discovered and appreciated.
- Guided dives supervised by certified professionals
- Earn a Scuba diving certificate that allows you to dive up to 12 m without professional supervision, anywhere around the world, throughout your lifetime
- Theory and safety sessions with an instructor
- Learn new skills such as (mask clearing, regulator recovery and air sharing)
- 2 open water dive sessions
- The programme is flexible, and the course duration is modified to suit your pace. Depending upon this, you can choose to extend or shorten you stay, but we promise you that after a taste, cutting your trip short will be out of the question!
- The goal is to not just be certified, but qualified.
- 1:1 diver to instructor ratio
- Under water photos and videos
- Dive with India's most experienced dive team
*You have the option of choosing between Havelock Island and Neil Island for this adventure. While the dive sites in both of these islands are equally good, the resort in Neil island is more upscale.
1N/ 2DDeparture: Any day
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands harbours over 2000 sq.km of coral reefs and a majority of this area fringes along islands. Thick forests, mangroves and rocky shores make access difficult in most places, this is where professional divers make a difference.
We work with the best dive team in the Andamans, aware of the topography and underwater ecosystem of the reefs and surrounding marine life.
Today is your first step towards becoming a certified diver.
Meet with your instructor for a complete gear briefing session, followed by a two hour watermanship training session to gauge your skills, get you comfortable and better acquainted with the water.
Get your first peek into life underwater with a half-day session of training in the shallows. If you haven't finished your basic theory lessons before hand, the rest of the day calls for some more video watching and self-study sessions.
It is recommended that you complete the theory at home, beforehand. If not, days 1 and 2 will also be spent on the same - video watching and self study.
Travel notes of the day
There are some awesome dive sites in Neil and Havelock, teeming with marine life. Diving in this part of the world is typical Indo-Pacific diving: a mix of everything. Moderate visibility (10-15 metres typically, worse on bad days, 20-25 metres on good days) and excellent variety – ranging from lots and lots of micro to big stuff (barracudas, sharks, groupers and occasional mantas).
On an average day , we typically get to see corals and colourful schools of reef fish, everything from surgeonfish, rabbitfish, parrotfish, butterflyfish, bannerfish , snappers, sweetlips queenfish and chubs, to hunting trevallies, needlefish , barracudas and more.
Today calls for two open water dive sessions each (and more theory!).
Feel almost weightless down in the depths of the ocean as you take in the beauty of the underwater world that the Indian ocean is home to. The experience is unmatched.
- All diving equipment such as oxygen cylinder, mask etc,
- Professional dive instructor
- Dive Registration
- Underwater photos and videos
- Extra person
- Extended dive time
- Swim wear
- Media storage device
- Carry Swimwear
- Carry towel
- Carry a USB stick or memory card for your underwater photo and videos
- Stay with the instructor at all times
- It is recommended that you do the theory beforehand, at home. This saves vacation time and allows you more time to clear up nuances and doubts with the instructor.
You may also like
A four day, full certification,open water diving course .Earn an entry-level scuba diving certificate that allows you to dive up to 18 m without professional supervision, anywhere around the world.