An introductory course in to the world of under water diving popularly known as Scuba Diving. This experience, guided by professionals ,will introduce you to the exciting , untouched marine world like you have never seen before.A half-day program, where an instructor briefs you on basic theory and takes you out into the ocean for a short skills practice session, followed by a full fledged dive in a reef.Suit up to meet Nemo- up close and personal !
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
Age10 to 65 years
- Should be able to walk 2-3 KM without fatigue
- No pre-existing medical condition
- Swimming not required
Who is this tour for?
A half-day program, where an instructor briefs you on some basic theory and takes you out into the ocean for a short skills practice session, followed by a proper dive on a reef.
This program is designed to give you a taste of diving and a chance to experience in the underwater world. It’s safe, it’s easy and lot's of fun!
- Guided dive of the reef with a dive professional
- Total in-water time of approximately 60 min.
- Introduction to underwater eco system during the drive
- Learn basic diving skills
- Learn new skills such as (mask clearing, regulator recovery and air sharing)
- Short skills practice session
- 1:1 diver to instructor ratio
- Under water photos and videos
- Dive with India's most experienced dive team
*Notify if accommodation is needed. Since this is a day trip, accommodation is not included
2N/ 1DDeparture: Any day
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands harbours over 2000 sq.km of coral reefs and a majority of this area fringes along islands. Thick forests, mangroves and rocky shores make access difficult in most places, this is where professional divers make a difference.
There are some awesome dive sites in Neil and Havelock teaming with marine life. Diving in this part of the world is typical Indo-Pacific diving: a mix of everything. Moderate visibility (10-15m typically, worse on bad days, 20-25m on good days) and excellent variety – ranging from lots and lots of micro to big stuff (barracudas, sharks, groupers and occasional mantas).
We work with the best dive team in the Andaman's who are aware of the topography and underwater ecosystem of the reefs and surrounding marine life.
Today is going to be a memorable day. You are going underwater in the midst of the Indian Ocean. Exploring the mystic marine world amidst its inhabitants is a special experience. Let that sync in!
Your instructor will brief you on some basic tasks and signs (while underwater) before heading out to the ocean. Once you are away from the shore en-route to a pre-selected dive site , the underwater adventure begins.
On an average day , we typically get to see mixed schools of reef fish, everything from surgeonfish, rabbitfish, parrotfish, butterflyfish, bannerfish , snappers, sweetlips queenfish and chubs, to hunting trevallies, needlefish , barracudas and much more
- Neil Island
- Havelock Island
Dates and Prices
- All diving equipment such as oxygen cylinder, mask etc,
- Professional dive instructor
- Dive Registration
- Under water photos and videos
- Extra person
- Extended dive time
- Swim wear
- Media storage device
- Carry Swimwear
- Carry towel
- Carry a USB stick or memory card for your underwater photo and videos
- Stay with the instructor at all times
- Do not confuse this with a 10 minute "Try Scuba " program offered by tour operators, which consists of 10 minutes of non-exploratory experience.
You may also like
A four day, full certification,open water diving course .Earn an entry-level scuba diving certificate that allows you to dive up to 18 m without professional supervision, anywhere around the world.