Get a taste of the underwater world of the Andamans on this scuba diving adventure for beginners. Accompanied by certified professionals, dive the reefs of the Indian ocean, just off the shores of the island (after a briefing on theory and safety, of course!)
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
Age10 to 65 years
- Should be able to walk 2-3 km without fatigue
- No pre-existing medical conditions
- Swimming not required
Who is this tour for?
A half-day shore diving programme in the Andamans. After a short briefing on theory and safety procedures, you have the opportunity to practically apply all that you have learnt, before heading out into a site, just off the shore of the island, for some actual diving, all under the guidance of a certified professional. Experience the rich underwater world of the Indian ocean.
- Guided dive of the reef with a dive professional
- Total in-water time of approximately 75-90 minutes
- Introduction to underwater eco system during the drive
- Learn basic diving skills
- Learn new skills such as (mask clearing, regulator recovery and air sharing)
- Short skills practice session
- 1:1 diver to instructor ratio
- Under water photos and videos
- Dive with India's most experienced dive team
*Notify if accommodation is needed. Since this is a day trip, accommodation is not included
1N/ 1DDeparture: Any day
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands harbours over 2000 sq.km of coral reefs and a majority of this area fringes along islands. Thick forests, mangroves and rocky shores make access difficult in most places, this is where professional divers make a difference.
Diving in this part of the world is typical Indo-Pacific diving: a mix of everything. Moderate visibility (10-15m typically, worse on bad days, 20-25m on good days) and excellent variety – ranging from lots and lots of micro to big stuff (barracudas, sharks, groupers, and occasional mantas). Havelock is one of the many islands of the Andaman archipelago, and offers some of the most fantastic diving sites.
If the seas get choppy, we may be unable to visit certain dive sites.
We work with the best dive team in the Andaman's who are aware of the topography and underwater ecosystem of the reefs and surrounding marine life.
Get geared up to discover the underwater world of the Indian ocean, teeming with marine life. We kickstart the day with some theory. You will receive a complete, detailed briefing on theory and safety procedures. Following this is a short session in the shallows to get you comfortable, and better acquainted with the waters, as well as to actually practice some of the skills learnt, such as mask clearing, regulator recovery and air sharing, before heading out to sea. You will be accompanied by a trained and certified professional throughout this adventure.
This programme entails shore diving only, just off the shores of the island. Rest assured, however, that we experience phenomenal dive sites with a variety of marine life, even without having to venture into the ocean by boat.
On an average day, we typically get to see schools of reef fish ranging from surgeonfish, rabbitfish, parrotfish, butterflyfish, bannerfish, snappers, sweetlips queenfish and chubs, to hunting trevallies, needlefish, barracudas and much, much more. Molluscs, crustaceans and other invertibrates flourish here. The ocean is yours to uncover.
On completion, your dive will be registered with PADI.
- Havelock Island
- All diving equipment such as oxygen cylinder, mask etc,
- Professional dive instructor
- Dive Registration
- Under water photos and videos
- Extra person
- Extended dive time
- Swim wear
- Media storage device
- Carry Swimwear
- Carry towel
- Carry a USB stick or memory card for your underwater photo and videos
- Stay with the instructor at all times
- Do not confuse this with a 10 minute "Try Scuba " program offered by tour operators, which consists of 10 minutes of non-exploratory experience.
You may also like
A four day, full certification,open water diving course .Earn an entry-level scuba diving certificate that allows you to dive up to 18 m without professional supervision, anywhere around the world.