A short day trek and a quick getaway from the hubbub of the city. A 5km guided trek across lush greene . The trail is a easy one with gradual ascent and descent making it a friendly trek for the entire family.
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
- Ensure you carry masks and a hand sanitiser
- All trek staff are pre-checked for temperature
Age12 to 65 years
- Participant should be able to walk without any challenges.
- No marquee fitness required as its a beginners trek
Who is this tour for?
Note: This is a group tour. Minimum group size is 15 people
Uttari Betta, the barricaded fort hill, which is also known as Hutridurga is in the south-east of Kunigal, 3708 feet tall, which makes it the most famous trekking trails in Karnataka. It is a five km excursion that takes you through the flourishing countryside, the wrecks of centuries-old fortifications, lakes, peaks, and much more.
This is one of the best day trip 90 km from Bengaluru. Easy on the body and the pocket, Uttari Betta is a perfect hiking trail for the beginner or someone looking to get away for a day.
- Beginners Trek
- Trekking distance of 5 Km only
- Altitude of 3708 ft
- Short Day trek
- Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Guided Trek
- Scenic view from Shankareswar temple
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
A temple, a cave , a village greet you at the beginning of this humble trek. Our aim is to reach the grassy knolls of Uttari betta top , spend quality time , indulge in a picnic lunch and descend so we can have you back safely by the evening.
This is a day trek known for its lush green landscape and scenic views . The scenic views of the trek have been compared time and again to the Western Ghats by its participants.
This is the tentative pick up schedule:
06:30AM - Pickup from , Indiranagar
06:45AM - Pickup from New Shanti sagar Hotel, Domlur
07:00AM - Pick up from Garuda Mall, Magrath Road
- Uttari Betta
- Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- Basic First- aid support
- Personal Expenses
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
Things to carry:
- Personal medication (if any)
- One strong backpack.
- Water bottles (enough to carry at least 2 litres of water)
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Small torch with new batteries.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (suggested)
*We discourage the use of plastic on our treks. Please carry a water bottle from home and a empty box lunch box.
Things to Note
- This activity is available on Saturdays only.
- There are no child tickets for this activity. Children will be charged at the same price as adults.
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women and travellers with medical condition/s..
- Participants consuming alcohol, misbehaving, or causing delays during the event will be terminated from the event without prior warning and no refund will be given.
- Littering, smoking, and consumption of alcohol is not allowed during the activity.
You may also like
The goto beginner trek after the Kedarkantha.This Himalayan trek is no less in terms of the experience it offers. Kuari Pass trek is also popular as Lord Curzon Trail.
Shadowing the Saryu Valley is the breathtaking Pindar Valley whose river draws its life from the mammoth Pindari glacier, close to Tibet with astounding views of unending himalayas and its valleys .
A Himalayan trek with stunning views for the books! Make your way through conifers and flowers, villages and rivers on this epic trek through the snowy mountains and meadows of Uttarakhand.
Located in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary at an elevation of 12,500 ft , the Kedarkantha is a moderate winter trek which takes you through the snow clad routes among the oak, pine forests.