Follow the snow leopard through to its hidden trails in the trans-Himalayan region. Over the 14 days tour, you will discover the wilderness and the wildlife of the Himalayas. While on the journey also spot the Siberian fox, Tibetan wolf and other forms of wildlife. Live the life of wildlife trackers in the high-altitude terrain during freezing winters.
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
Age18 to 65 years
Able walk 3-5 km , Individuals with Asthma should notify Ecohunters before enrolling
Who is this tour for?
Snow Leopards are one of the rarest species that exist on our planet. They inhabit the trans-himalayan landscape and are referred to as “The Grey Ghost” by the local community. The Snow leopard descends from 5000 mts to 4000 mts during winters in search of food making this the best time to spot them.
- Spotting one of the most elusive cats known as the Grey Ghost, in its prime habitat in Hemis National Park, known as the 'Snow Leopard capital of the world'.
- Opportunity to stay in Homestays and experience the local lifestyle.
- Swarovski and Zeiss Scopes used by guides to maximize chances.
- Monastic festivals and winter resident birds.
- Guided by some of the most experienced naturalists and Snow Leopard trackers who have worked with BBC, Nat Geo, ICON Films in the past.
13N/ 14DDeparture: Fixed
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Our team meets you at the Shimla airport on arrival. We transfer to the boarding vehicles and drive to Indo-Tibet highway to Reckongpeo and Kalpa. Kalpa offers amazing views of the snow-clad Kinner Kailash range. We rest for the night in Kalpa.
Today we leave for the village of Maney. We set out from Kalpa in the morning, and drive upstream alongside the Sutlej river, until Khab. We ascend to Nala and Mulling and descend down to the banks of the Spiti river as we continue along the winding roads until Maney.
After a heart breakfast, we set out in search of the Tibetan wolf. This region is perfect to spot these beasts.
We return to our homestay by dusk.
Today, we leave behind Maney as we drive towards the Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary, our home for the next week.
Kibber was once the highest village with a motorable road. It's the ideal spot to get a glimpse, up close, of the elusive snow leopard. Blue sheep and the Siberian Ibex are other common sightings.
Travel notes of the day
Get your cameras out and clicking. Photograph the natural beauty of the region with its diverse flora and fauna and picturesque landscapes!
We spend the next week in search of wildlife in Spiti.
We set out post breakfast, with our packed lunches, with the mission of spotting Snow leopards (and other fauna).
The evenings call for some interactions and exchanges with the local families living in the neighbourhood. Discover the culture and way of life of the locals.
After a week's adventure braving the winters of Spiti, we journey back to Kalpa with scenic views of the Kinner Kailash mountains - the abode of Lord Shiva.
We spend the night in Kalpa.
Travel notes of the day
You can walk the streets of Shimla and get in some last-minute shopping and sightseeing!
Here are some recommended places to visit -
- Lakkar Bazaar - Shop for some artefacts, souvenirs, winter wear as you stroll through the lanes of this bazaar.
- Mall road - Bustling with life, this road is filled with markets, cafes, restaurants, emporiums, and more.
Today, we retrace our steps and head back to Shimla. After we check into the hotel, the rest of the day is at our leisure.
This is the last night of our expedition. Rest well!
Travel notes of the day
Bid adieu to gorgeous Himachal as you leave with unforgettable memories and experiences of a lifetime.
Our team will drop you off at the Shimla airport for your onward journey. Safe flight!
- All transfers as per the itinerary (SHIMLA AIRPORT – SHIMLA AIRPORT)
- Accommodation On Twin Sharing Basis in Hotel/Homestay
- All Meals as detailed in the Itinerary
- Peak fee/Sanctuary fee/Royalty/ Permits Wherever applicable
- Safe Drinking Water
- WILD LIFE TEAM–Guide/Spotters/ Porters/ Mules
- All taxes
- All Airfare
- Any Transfers Outside the Itinerary/Bottled Water
- Items Of Personal Clothing
- Expenses of personal nature (LAUNDRY/PHONE etc) Calls/Alcohol/Cigarettes/Insurance/Cigarette/Camera fees/ETC.)
- Cost incurred due to change in itinerary due to bad weather, Road Blocks etc.
or factors beyond our control
- Travel & Cancellation Insurance
- Tips and Gratuities (We suggest 5-10% of your trip cost – to be distributed among the team) -Optional
- This is a all inclusive trip for adventure and wildlife enthusiast
- This trip contains short, steep jungle treks
- This is a guided tour with a wildlife teams , spotters , accompanying you till the completion of the trip
- Please carry Govt. ID’s
You may also like
Shadowing the Saryu Valley is the breathtaking Pindar Valley whose river draws its life from the mammoth Pindari glacier, close to Tibet with astounding views of unending himalayas and its valleys .
The goto beginner trek after the Kedarkantha.This Himalayan trek is no less in terms of the experience it offers. Kuari Pass trek is also popular as Lord Curzon Trail.
A Himalayan trek with stunning views for the books! Make your way through conifers and flowers, villages and rivers on this epic trek through the snowy mountains and meadows of Uttarakhand.
Located in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary at an elevation of 12,500 ft , the Kedarkantha is a moderate winter trek which takes you through the snow clad routes among the oak, pine forests.