Despite being less-visited, Madhya Pradesh is a repository of natural beauty, with its forests being home to a diverse set of species of both animals and plants. Journey by RV to Jabalpur, for a spot of sightseeing before you venture into the wild, wild woods for a safari. Navigate the marble mountains on the Narmada by boat and experience an aarti by the riverside along the way.
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
AgeMax 75 years
Who is this tour for?
Note: This is a group tour. Minimum group size is None people
Welcome to the Jungle! This quick getaway is for the nature-lovers and wild-life enthusiasts, with a touch of culture and a splash of heritage along the way. And not to forget, an experience of a lifetime onboard your very own RV!
- Witness the misty Dhuandhar falls of Madhya Pradesh
- Enjoy a boat ride along the Narmada amidst the Marble rocks of Bhedaghat
- Visit the Chausat Yogini Temple - one of the four major extant temples made of coarse granite
- Experience a special aarti on the banks of the Narmada at Gwarighat
- Safari through the forests of the Bandhavgarh National Park or Kanha National Park, take your pick.
- Spot a variety of flora and fauna as you journey through the woods.
- Stay in RVs equipped with a studio-style AC bedroom, eight/ four convertible sofa cum beds, spacious washrooms, an LCD TV, a home theatre, a microwave oven and a refrigerator.
RV - Recreational Vehicle
Note - You can choose to stay overnight at a hotel if you prefer to do so, on paying a surcharge.
2N/ 3DDeparture: Any day
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
Welcome to Jabalpur - the 'City of Marble Rocks'.
Today, we visit the magnificent Dhuandhar falls in Bhedaghat found amidst the might Marble Rocka. An optional activity here is to take the rope way for spectacular panoramic views of the falls and its surroundings. The marble from rock formations here, is supplied to craftsmen all over India for the crafting of idols and other work.
A representative awaits your arrival at the Indore airport/railway station. You will be picked up in the RV and driven to Jabalpur. Relax onboard.
Today calls for a visit to Bhedaghat for some sightseeing.
Our first stop is at the Dhuandhar falls of river Narmada. The word Dhuandhar is a combination of 'dhuan', meaning smoke, and 'dhar', meaning flow. The waterfall has been christened so thanks to the mist that arises as the waters plunge down with force in a fierce roar. Take in the breathtaking view of the marble rocks and greenery.
On our way back, we visit the Chausat Yogini Temple. This is one of the four major surviving temples made of granite. It houses the idols of 64 attendants of Devi Durga. A Shiva idol rests in the heart of the temple. This magnificent temple complex is a sight to behold.
If time permits, we can make a pit stop in the town of Gwarighat to experience the evening Aarti on the banks on the Narmada. You can light diyas and release them onto the river water. An optional activity here is a boat ride along the river after the ceremony.
We then head to Bargi for the night!
Travel notes of the day
The Bandhavgarh National Park is located amidst the Vindhya hills of Madhya Pradesh, with thick forest areas, rocky hills, and grasslands and swamps. Some of the animals you can spot include Bengal tigers, leopards, barking deer, jackals, sloth bears and hyenas.
It was once the hub of white tigers, with the first in the country being discovered near here, in Rewa. However, not a single one has been spotted here in the wild in over 50 years.
Kanha Tiger Reserve, also called Kanha-Kisli National Park, is one of the tiger reserves of India and the largest national park of Madhya Pradesh state in the heart of India. The park has a significant population of the Royal Bengal tiger, Indian leopards, the sloth bear, barasingha and Indian wild dog.
The forest depicted in the famous novel by Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book is based on jungles including this reserve. It is also the first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot, Bhoorsingh the Barasingha
After an early breakfast, we leave for the Bandhavgarh National Park or Kanha National Park, depending upon your choice. On arrival, rest a while and get some shut-eye. The rest of the day is at your leisure. You may prefer to rest for the reminder of the day or you may choose to embark on a afternoon safari.
- Kanha National Park/ Bandhavgarh National Park
Travel notes of the day
Jungles are closed till 15th October. As of now only buffer zone safaris are operating. However, even these are subject to weather conditions .
Bid goodbye to the jungles of Madhya Pradesh. We hope to have you with us again soon.
Start the day with a Morning Jungle Safari. Spot a variety of flora and fauna on your ride.
After some animal spotting, we leave for Jabalpur, where our journey comes to an end. You will be dropped of at the Jabalpur airport/railway station for your onward journey.
- Bandhavgarh/ Kanha National Park
- Pick up and drop to and from the Indore railway station/airport
- Two nights' accommodation in RV - no meals/ Two nights deluxe hotel + breakfast
- All road transfers part of the itinerary
- Expenditure on fuel, parking and toll tickets
- Mineral water and other beverages
- Meals – Breakfast/ Lunch / Dinner
- Entrance tickets to monuments, guides or other sports/adventure activities.
- Any transfers outside of the itinerary
- Personal expenses (cigarettes, alcohol, telephone calls, etc.)
- Tips and gratuities
- Costs incurred due to change in the itinerary as a consequence of bad weather, political unrest, or roadblocks.
- Guide, Monument entrance Tickets, sports or adventure activity etc.
- Any upgradation in room category
- Medical Insurance
- Madhya Pradesh, being a Green zone, has a lot of areas restricted to the entry of vehicles, with specific timings allotted for entries. The vehicle might drop you off at the point of entry or at the parking lots from where you will have to walk a certain distance to reach the destination.
- In some of the religious towns, non-vegetarian food will not be available.
- The rates are subject to change, based on the number of people and the season of travel.
- Please carry government-issued IDs.
- It is recommended that you pack light.
- The caravan packages are on no meal basis. Guests can carry their own ingredients and cook on board the RV in the kitchen area.
Terms And Conditions -
- No Refund will be made for any service included in the package, which is unutilised or underutilized or used late by the client.
- Once the itinerary is finalised and fixed, the tour will be conducted strictly as per plan. If in case any location is missed due to a delay on the client's side, it will not be covered again.
- We are not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or any valuables left unattended in our vehicles. Please take good care of your personal belongings.
You may also like
An RV adventure: Indore-Mandu-Omkareshwar-Maheshwar. Discover the essence of Madhya Pradesh in its rich culture and heritage deeply rooted in the history of the land.
An 11 day self-drive tour of the Rainbow Nation