Madhya Pradesh is often one of the lesser-visited states of India. On this RV trip through some of the heritage cities of Madhya Pradesh, take a trip back in time to get an in-depth insight into the history and architecture of the state.
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
AgeMax 75 years
Who is this tour for?
Get a taste of the rich culture, history and heritage of the heart of India - Madhya Pradesh, but in your very own RV! Cruise the roads of Madhya Pradesh comfortably, in your air-conditioned RV, as you take in all that is in store for you.
- Stay in RVs equipped with – studio-style AC bedroom, eight/ four convertible sofa cum beds, spacious washrooms, an LCD TV, a home theatre, a microwave oven and a refrigerator.
- Discover the Afghan-influenced architectural wonders of the ancient town of Mandu - Jami Masjid, Jahaz Mahal (Ship Palace), Baz Bahadur's Palace, Rupmati's Pavilion and more.
- Explore the beautiful temples in the ancient, sacred town of Maheshwar located on the banks of the Narmada river and home to one of the 12 holy Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva.
- Shop for the famous Maheshwari sarees, some of the finest handloom sarees that the country has to offer.
- Visit the popular pilgrimage center of Omkareshwar, a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
*The price is based on a group of 4 adult travelers.
2N/ 3DDeparture: Any day
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
Welcome to the heart of India! Catch hold of a guide while sightseeing in Mandu, for some in-depth information on the history and characteristic architectural elements of these gems.
Your very own RV awaits your arrival at the Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport in Indore (or the Indore railway station) , from where you begin your journey to Mandu, an ancient Indian town renowned for its Afghan architecture. Get ready for some sightseeing!
Discover some architectural marvels in this city like the historic Jami Masjid, Hoshang Shah's tomb, Jahaz Mahal (Ship Palace), Taveli Mahal, Hindola Mahal (Swing Palace), Champa Baol, Ashrafi Mahal - Baz Bahadur's Palace and Rupmati's Pavilion.
We stay the night in Mandu in our cozy RV.
Travel notes of the day
The Omkareshwar temple is home to one of the 12 holy Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva. It is a revered Hindu pilgrimage site and is flooded by devotees.
Situated on the banks of the Narmada river, the city of Maheshwar is dedicated to lord Shiva. Earlier called Mahishmati, this ancient city was once the capital of the mighty king Kartavirya Arjuna of the Haihya kingdom.
In the 18th century, it was the capital of the greatly admired Rani Ahilyabai Holkar of the Malwa kingdom who was one of the most important female rulers to have ever ruled India, overcoming challenges of being a woman in a 'man's' world. She is believed to have ruled from the Ahilya Wada in the Ahilya fort, now a hotel open to guests.
- Feel free to do a little shopping here. Maheshwar is famous for Maheshwari sarees, some of the finest handloom sarees in the country which find their origin in the times of Rani Ahilyabai.
Post breakfast, we hit the road to Omkareshwar, a sacred Shiva temple found on the ॐ (om) shaped Omkar island (hence the name) in the Narmada river.
After seeking blessings at the temple, we head to Maheshwar, a quaint city of religious, cultural and historical significance. We visit the town's many temples and take a trip to the Queen Ahilyabai's mighty fort on the banks of the Narmada, reflected in its waters.
We stay the night in Maheshwar.
Travel notes of the day
Your journey has come to an end! If time permits, you can fit in some sightseeing in Indore before you leave.
We leave for Indore in the morning, after breakfast. You will be dropped off at Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport or the Indore railway station for your onward journey.
We look forward to having you with us again!
- Pick up and drop to and from the Indore railway station/airport
- Two nights' accommodation in RV - no meals/ Two nights deluxe hotel + breakfast
- All road transfers part of the itinerary
- Expenditure on fuel, parking and toll tickets
- Mineral water and other beverages
- Meals – Breakfast/ Lunch / Dinner
- Entrance tickets to monuments, guides or other sports/adventure activities.
- Any transfers outside of the itinerary
- Personal expenses (cigarettes, alcohol, telephone calls, etc.)
- Tips and gratuities
- Costs incurred due to change in the itinerary as a consequence of bad weather, political unrest, or roadblocks.
- Guide, Monument entrance Tickets, sports or adventure activity etc.
- Any upgradation in room category
- Medical Insurance
- Madhya Pradesh, being a Green zone, has a lot of areas restricted to the entry of vehicles, with specific timings allotted for entries. The vehicle might drop you off at the point of entry or at the parking lots from where you will have to walk a certain distance to reach the destination.
- In some of the religious towns, non-vegetarian food will not be available.
- The rates are subject to change, based on the number of people and the season of travel.
- Please carry government-issued IDs.
- It is recommended that you pack light.
- The caravan packages are on no meal basis. Guests can carry their own ingredients and cook on board the RV in the kitchen area.
Terms and Conditions -
- No Refund will be made for any service included in the package, which is unutilised or underutilized or used late by the client.
- Once the itinerary is finalised and fixed, the tour will be conducted strictly as per plan. If in case any location is missed due to a delay on the client's side, it will not be covered again.
- We are not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or any valuables left unattended in our vehicles. Please take good care of your personal belongings.