On this tour, explore Goa's European-influenced culture and architecture in Old Goa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and sample some traditional Indian food
Note: We encourage responsible tourism. Practice these guidelines while on a trip!
AgeMax 75 years
Who is this tour for?
A cultural getaway to the tropical paradise of India and soak in all it has to offer.
- Visit some of the oldest forts from the time of the Portuguese.
- Encounter the history-lover in you as you discover the churches of Old Goa - a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy the local delicacies Goa has to offer, including a traditional banana-leaf meal.
- Tour the Old Quarters of Panjim.
- Shop for souvenirs and handicrafts.
- Enjoy a sunset boat cruise on the Mandovi river.
*The price displayed is for 3 star accommodation. Get in touch for a budget/upgraded version of the same.
2N/ 3DDeparture: Any day
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
If you're up for it, you can walk the near-by streets and do a little shopping!
Olá! Bem-vindo a Goa.
A representative will pick you up from the airport/railway station/ bus stand and will escort you to your hotel. You can spend the rest of the day resting at the hotel. Get ready for a splendid welcome dinner sure to satiate your appetites.
Travel notes of the day
The Reis Magos Fort and the Aguada Fort are the splendid remnants of the Portuguese era in Goa.
- The Reis Magos Fort, one of the oldest in Goa, has served as a fortress as a first line of defence., a jail, as well as a hospital! It is a mix of Hindu and Portuguese styles of architecture. Built in 1551, it lies on the banks of the Mandovi river and overlooks the city of Panjim.
- The Aguada fort, which overlooks the Arabian sea, is one of the best example of Portuguese military style architecture, and was used by the Portuguese to fend off enemies.
Old Goa, or 'Velha Goa' was actually founded by the Sultanate of Bijapur but was later taken over by the Portuguese. It is now, a small town of sorts with European-influenced architecture, with a bunch of churches, cathedrals, museums and other historical sites, and is recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
After some shut-eye and a hearty breakfast, we visit the charming Reis Magos Fort and Aguada Fort, remnants of Portguese-style architecture in Goa. We then drive to Old Goa for a tour of its beautiful churches and cathedrals - the Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, St. Cajetan. Around lunch time, we visit Spice Plantation for a walk amidst nature to get some first hand insight into how spices are cultivated. Here, we enjoy a traditional, banana leaf meal in the open air.
Our last event for the day is a one hour sunset cruise on the Mandovi river. Catch the sun dip into the horizon whilst relishing the refreshing breeze atop the boat.
- Aguada Fort
- Reis Magos Fort
- Old Goa
- Spice Plantation
- Mandovi River (Boat Cruise)
Travel notes of the day
You can fit in some last minute shopping depending upon your departure timings. We look forward to your next adventure with us.
After some breakfast, check out from the hotel. You will be dropped off at the airport/railway station/ bus stop for your return.
- Dabolim International Airport
We are sorry! Currently the price of the tour is not listed. If you want to know how much this tour will cost approximately, please request for quoteRequest for Quote Request for Quote
- Pick up and drop services to and from the airport
- Breakfast at the place of stay
- All transfers in a private sedan
- Expenditure on fuel, parking and toll tickets
- Any transfers outside of the itinerary
- Personal expenses (cigarettes, alcohol, telephone calls, etc.)
- Tips and gratuities
- Costs incurred due to change in the itinerary as a consequence of bad weather, political unrest or road blocks.
- Foreign nationals and NRIs must hold a valid visa and passport.
- Avoid carrying too much cash in hand
- Make sure to carry sunblock, hats and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- The rates are subject to availability. During the festive season, i.e, from December 10th to January 20th, the rates are subject to change, with a possible surge.
- Please carry government issued IDs.
- Avoid leaving your belongings unattended, particularly at beaches.
You may also like
Oh, For The Love of Goa!
A quick getaway to North Goa to explore the culture, heritage, and - not to forget - beaches!
Escape to the 'Pearl of the Orient' on this quick getaway, to soak in the sun, sand and history.
Olá, Welcome to Goa!
Escape to the tranquil South Goa for a getaway to the peace and quiet. Discover the culture, history, architecture and heritage of Goa and sample the best of the local delicacies.
Sri Lanka - The Heart of the Indian Ocean
A 16 day adventure for an unforgettable experience amidst the nature and culture of stunning Sri Lanka.