Soja warna Gabbar aa jayega ! This dialogue rules the silver screen and the hearts of masses till date. On this trip we take you into the Heart of Chambal, the erstwhile territory of the original gabbar singh and many like him. Up close and personal Interactions with erstwhile dacoits , story telling by temple priests and locals are in store for the thrill seeker in you.
- Explore the wild wild west - Chambal
- Guided Tour
- Meet and Exchange stories with erstwhile outlaws of Chambal
- Explore the ancient rich culture of the erstwhile Winter Capital of Central india - Gwalior
- Explore Golden Bird Forest, Tigra temple
3N/ 4DDeparture: Any day
You will be doing:
You will be experiencing:
Travel notes of the day
The popular movie PAN SINGH TOMAR was shot along these locations which is a true story!
We will congregate at Gwalior station on arrival during the morning.
After refreshments, we head towards Chambal River and Valley. Once we drive down through the Bihads of Chambal roads and pass the historically rich city of Morena, we will stop by at a local home for some delicious home cooked meals.
Once refreshed we now start exploring the Chambal river along whose banks we will listen to stories of dacoits, mafias and the Raj era in the company of the erstwhile outlaws.
We will then visit an Ex-Dacoit at his home and get a first hand account of the thrilling stories of Life in Chambal. We will walk or drive around the forest of chambal with Ex- Forest officers and see Birds that are Unique to this region.
At the end of the day we will reach Tigra ( north ) Mandir, chat with Sadhus, dine and sleep at the Mandir to end our day at Chambal. We rest at the Mandir for the night! The total driving time from Gwalior - Chambal is approx 2.5 hours.
Travel notes of the day
We have dinner at Mandir and rest for the night.
We head to the 10th century Gwalior fort . The fort has stood the test of time and raging armies of the British, Marathas, Moghuls. From the first view a mile -or-so away to the narrow passages of Bhul-Bhulaiya. We will see the Gujjri mahal Museum and walk amongst sculpture and Ruins from the last 14 centuries that are placed there.
We shall walk up a massive walkway that was meant for the Kings and Battling Armies. The view of Gwalior city as you rise up into the fort is quite breathtaking. We shall visit the main kila and see a few temples of ancient order before we stop for lunch at the gurdwara. After lunch and some spiritual enlightenment, we will explore a museum , which is a part of the fort itself.
We shall see and feel centuries of Raj in evidence and head towards smaller but exclusive mahals. We end our walk of the fort at the Fort Cafe. Fed and rested we will head towards the Golden Bird Forest. Here we settle at Tigra ( south ) Mandir for yet another new experience.
3 Radake Village
We wake at the Mandir to have Breakfast, after which we will see the Tigra Dam. The older British dam and the New working dam have created a lake which is spectacular and surrounded by beautiful hills and birds . Here one can go boating or just lay by the lake for all its magnificence. We shall move along wobbly and sandy roads to a Beautiful home at Radake village for Lunch. Once fed we shall now head towards Nalkeshwar, where we can find an ancient shiv Ling, temples amongst ruins and the abode of Galav Rishi ( Gwalior is named after him ). This Tapo-Bhumi is located inside the drop of a valley along which flows, a gentle waterfall. Here we will also see Tapkeshwar where Shiv Lings are placed under perennial water drops. This entire valley opens out towards the Tigra lake. We then climb back up the rock-cut stairs to settle at a o village homestay and dine here . We shall have a sharing circle and then we shall all rest at the house for the night.
4 Bye Bye
Travel notes of the day
Lunch will be in the city at a beautiful water body. We now have an evening of chatter , swapping stories and pics before we end our trip and head back home.
After break-fast with our village hosts and we will head towards Gwalior. Passing by Tigra Dam and the Golden Bird Forest we will head to see different Monuments in Gwalior city. We shall visit the Tansen Makbara, Rani Jhansi samadhi, the Jai villas palace ( home to the Scindia's), Maharaja Baada .
- Accommodation at the Mandir and Homestay - wherever applicable
- All Meals
- Guided tour
- Transport- Gwalior to Gwalior
- All Taxes
- The price mentioned is per person price
- Any camera fees
- Hotel & driver tips (if any)
- Entry ticket fees to Museums, Parks, etc.
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Inclusions".
- This is a basic, raw trip for culture vultures and adventure enthusiast
- Available toilets will be Indian Squat Toilets or Compost
- This is a complete cultures trip, please do not expect loud music, party vibes, instead expect the company of erstwhile Outlaws, Rebels !
- This is a guided tour, so no worries about safety!
- The places we will be visiting are frequented by historians, architects, tourists etc. They are safe for people of all ages.
- All accommodation are basic. Mattress and blankets are provided . All our night-stays are with the local's at their homes and village temples. These allow for a social and cultural exchange. These homes are basic and provide home cooked Vegetarian meals and ambience. Due to the remoteness of these locations, washrooms at every stay are basic. Please carry basic toiletries ( sanitizers, wet wipes ).
You may also like
SriLanka is an idyllic country that deserves a place on every traveler’s bucket -list. From beautiful beaches lined with towering palm trees and a perpetually blue sky, cozy hill stations, a range of
Are you game enough? A 14 day rafting expedition on of the largest river in the world. The ultimate test of endurance and adventure as you traverse a 180 kms of the remotest terrain.
An itinerary like no other. Live the nomad life inthe higher himalayas while exploring the untouched rural landscape of the himalayas.
Experience Madhya pradesh at close quarters. From natural wonders of Jabalpur to the Kanha national park, this trip is sure to cure your blues
A 360* private trip exploring all the experiences Vietnam has to offer. From Ho Chi Min city to Halong Bay to cave formations from 2000 years ago- bring out the wanderer in you.