Set atop a rocky headland that juts out into the Indian ocean, this luxurious hotel was Sri Lanka's first boutique hotel, only a couple of hours away from the capital city of Colombo. Aqua waves that burst into a surf at the edge of glistening, golden shorelines bestow an unrivaled serenity to this secluded paradise. Venture down to the beach for a casual swim, try your hand at the array of watersports offered and catch breathtaking sunsets by the beach. The tranquility of the scene and setting makes for a romantic atmosphere, perfect for couples looking for some alone time.
- This property has enhanced cleaning and safety measures which are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- For traveler safety, the following measures are in place: social distancing measures are in place; contactless check-in and check-out are available; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment.
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized.
- The health of the guests is checked upon arrival.
- Guest accommodation is disinfected after stays.
- Infinity Pool
- Spa & Wellness
- Fitness Studio
- Indoor Games
- Library & Reading Rooms
- Fine Dining
- A collection of 26 suites and a duplex villa
- Metres away from the sea
- Panoramic views of the ocean
- Wine and dine amidst some of the most magnificent settings by the Indian Ocean.
- Traditional Sri Lankan architecture blended with contemporary touches
- Beautiful sunsets
- Home theatre system
- Cultural Performances (Every Wednesday Evening)
- Spa and wellness centre
- Infinity Pool
- Jewellery shop
- Snooker table
- Daily Housekeeping
Bentota offers a plethora of activities for people of all ages and interests.
- Explore the sleepy fishing village of Bentota on a bicycle. Cycle past or stop by green paddy fields, Dutch houses, Dedduwa lake, the 125-year-old Katukoliha temple and more.
- Discover Bentota on foot as you embark on a stroll along a specially curated walking trail amidst the beauty of nature.
- Enjoy rejuvenating sessions (massages, Ayurvedic and beauty treatments, aromatherapy) at the spa
- Visit the magical Brief garden, a landscape garden and country house straight out of a fairytale, designed by the renowned Sri Lankan artist Bewis Bawa.
- Take trip to an ancient Buddhist temple - Kande Viharaya set on an island.
- Walk the ramparts of the spectacular Galle Fort fortified by the Dutch in the 17th century, now a charming UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the interiors and shop from the numerous chic boutiques, galleries and handicraft stores scattered along Peddler Street.
- Take a trip down to the fish market for some fresh seafood and a first-hand insight into the life of a fisherman.
- Enjoy an array of watersports by the beach.
- Visit one of Sri Lanka's last remaining rainforests - Kanneliya - for a lovely walk amidst the jungle. Spot a number of endemic animals and birds during your journey.
- Embark on a river safari through the marshlands of the Maduganga. Discover the biodiversity that the river is home to.
- Visit the Sinharaja Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to a great many species of endemic flora and fauna.
- Go out into sea for some whale and dolphin watching.
- Join in on the Sea Turtle Conservation Project and get an insight into the rescue work and hatchery programme carried out by the volunteers.
- Head down to Lunuganga, the country estate of Geoffrey Bawa, a famous Sri Lankan architect. The estate is idyllic with rolling hills and gardens reminiscent of Renaissance Italy with Greco-Roman statues.
- Try your hand at deep sea fishing.
- Go on a scuba diving expedition to discover the rich marine life under the oceans.
51km from Ratmalana Aiport
5km from Bentota Railway Station
Airport pickup and drop services are available at additional charges.
- Airport pick up and drop services (additional charges)
- Spa services (additional charges)
- Laundry services and ironing facilities (additional charges)
- Spa and wellness facilities (additional charges)
- Fitness centre (additional charges)
- Boardroom facilities (additional charges)
- Pets are not allowed
- The minimum age for check-in (alone) is 18. Children are welcome provided they are accompanied by an adult.
- Children below 11 years are not allowed on the premises.
- Guests are required to show a photo identification card upon check-in.