Set atop a rocky headland that juts out into the Indian ocean, this luxurious hotel was Sri Lanka's first boutique hotel, only a couple of hours away from the capital city of Colombo. Aqua waves that burst into a surf at the edge of glistening, golden shorelines bestow an unrivaled serenity to this secluded paradise. Venture down to the beach for a casual swim, try your hand at the array of watersports offered and catch breathtaking sunsets by the beach. The tranquility of the scene and setting makes for a romantic atmosphere, perfect for couples looking for some alone time.
- This property has enhanced cleaning and safety measures which are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- For traveler safety, the following measures are in place: social distancing measures are in place; contactless check-in and check-out are available; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment.
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized.
- The health of the guests is checked upon arrival.
- Guest accommodation is disinfected after stays.
- Infinity Pool
- Fitness Studio
- Indoor Games
- Library & Reading Rooms
- Fine Dining
Don't let you fitness take a backseat during your vacation!
Enjoy an exquisite, gourmet meal at the hotel's restaurant or choose a more private experience, with a moonlit romantic dinner on a rock perched upon the sea, on the secluded golden sands of the beach, in the midst of a beautiful garden or in one of pavilions or decks which overlook the ocean.
- A collection of 26 suites and a duplex villa
- Metres away from the sea
- Panoramic views of the ocean
- Wine and dine amidst some of the most magnificent settings by the Indian Ocean.
- Traditional Sri Lankan architecture blended with contemporary touches
- Beautiful sunsets
- Home theatre system
- Cultural Performances (Every Wednesday Evening)
- Spa and wellness centre
- Infinity Pool
- Jewellery shop
- Snooker table
- Daily Housekeeping
Things to do
Bentota offers a plethora of activities for people of all ages and interests.
- Explore the sleepy fishing village of Bentota on a bicycle. Cycle past or stop by green paddy fields, Dutch houses, Dedduwa lake, the 125-year-old Katukoliha temple and more.
- Discover Bentota on foot as you embark on a stroll along a specially curated walking trail amidst the beauty of nature.
- Enjoy rejuvenating sessions (massages, Ayurvedic and beauty treatments, aromatherapy) at the spa
- Visit the magical Brief garden, a landscape garden and country house straight out of a fairytale, designed by the renowned Sri Lankan artist Bewis Bawa.
- Take trip to an ancient Buddhist temple - Kande Viharaya set on an island.
- Walk the ramparts of the spectacular Galle Fort fortified by the Dutch in the 17th century, now a charming UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the interiors and shop from the numerous chic boutiques, galleries and handicraft stores scattered along Peddler Street.
- Take a trip down to the fish market for some fresh seafood and a first-hand insight into the life of a fisherman.
- Enjoy an array of watersports by the beach.
- Visit one of Sri Lanka's last remaining rainforests - Kanneliya - for a lovely walk amidst the jungle. Spot a number of endemic animals and birds during your journey.
- Embark on a river safari through the marshlands of the Maduganga. Discover the biodiversity that the river is home to.
- Visit the Sinharaja Biosphere Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to a great many species of endemic flora and fauna.
- Go out into sea for some whale and dolphin watching.
- Join in on the Sea Turtle Conservation Project and get an insight into the rescue work and hatchery programme carried out by the volunteers.
- Head down to Lunuganga, the country estate of Geoffrey Bawa, a famous Sri Lankan architect. The estate is idyllic with rolling hills and gardens reminiscent of Renaissance Italy with Greco-Roman statues.
- Try your hand at deep sea fishing.
- Go on a scuba diving expedition to discover the rich marine life under the oceans.
- High-speed WiFi
- Complimentary tea / coffee or hot chocolate served to you in your room twice daily.
- Bottled water
- Shoe shine service
- Complimentary daily fruits
- Complimentary picture post cards with stamps
- Airport pick up and drop services (additional charges)
- Spa services (additional charges)
- Laundry services and ironing facilities (additional charges)
- Spa and wellness facilities (additional charges)
- Fitness centre (additional charges)
- Boardroom facilities (additional charges)
- Pets are not allowed
- The minimum age for check-in (alone) is 18. Children are welcome provided they are accompanied by an adult.
- Children below 11 years are not allowed on the premises.
- Guests are required to show a photo identification card upon check-in.
- Check-in begins from 2:00 pm onwards while check out must be completed by 12 pm.
- Please bring with you, government-issued IDs.